The Compagnie du Mont Blanc has initiated a vast programme to redevelop the quality and layout of the summit station of the Aiguille du Midi aerial tramway. The objective was to improve the quality of the visitor’s experience on the site, especially concerning the accessibility of mobility impaired people. The work planned on the site by our teams was carried out with special attention paid to protect, promote and enhance this popular tourist site, whose appeal is related to its status as an exceptional natural site.
The site’s specific characteristics and its capacity. But also the optimisation of specific operating characteristics. In short, there were lots of constraints to complete the project…
- Create an area to congregate on the summit terrace
- Redevelop the Mont-Blanc wing and renovate its facade and roof
- Renovate the facade and roof of the South return passageway
- Expand the terrace on Piton Nord
- Expand the Piton Central’s lift cage